Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Teacup
Accession number WHC 2010.48
Description Broken teacup and saucer showing charring which were excavated from the site of the kitchen area of the Ocean House during the construction of the underground library wing in 1996. The building was built by Captain John Pendleton in 1810 and later was enlarged and became the Ocean House hotel in 1863 and was owned by Israel Decrow. The hotel burned in 1903. Artifacts recovered by archaeologist Harbour Mitchell of Camden.
Year Range from 1863
Year Range to 1903
Collection Camden Public Library Collection
Catalog Number WHC 2010.48.5
Subjects Kitchens
Search Terms Camden
Camden Public Library
Main Street
Ocean House hotel