|Accession number||WHC 2010.49|
Bottles found at "Richmont," the home of Mr. Henry H. Windsor of Chicago at the turn of the century and now owned by the McLeans. The home overlooks Lake Megunticook.
One is a Dr. True's Elixir bottle. This elixir, a laxative and tape worm remedy, was patented by a doctor in Auburn, Maine and sold from the 1850's to the early 1900's. The second is a Foss Liquid Fruit Flavor bottle. This company operated in Portland from the late 1800's to the mid 20th-century.
|Catalog Number||WHC 2010.49.4|