|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Accession number||CAHC 2006.35|
|Caption||Camden harbor circa 1877|
View of Camden's inner harbor, shipyard and Negro Island in 1877. The island was renamed Curtis Island in the 1930s after one of Camden's benefactors, Cyrus H.K. Curtis. Photo is taken from Bayview Street, and the Mansfield blacksmith shop is visible in the foreground. The harbor was not dredged at that time, so two of the vessels at the shipyard are resting on their keels at low tide.
|Collection||Edward Coffin Collection|
|Catalog Number||CAHC 2006.35.39|
|Title||Inner harbor, Camden in 1877.|
|Place||Maine/ Knox County/ Camden|